The world of art is filled with a huge amount of classical masterpieces. At this point in time it is difficult to imagine how many amazing works have been created, and how many more will be created. One can not single out a research, calling the standard of musical art, because the artistic side of life is content with subjective point of view. One person likes the style of baroque, and the other prefers rock opera, and one can not condemn their tastes. But you can name five of the masterpieces of classical music.
Five masterpieces of classical music
These compositions are masterpieces of the musical world. The best conductors in the world perform the following works since they are considered to be a real perfection. Many of the listed works may be familiar to you, and with some you still have to keep up:
- The opera Ivan Susanin by Michail Ivanovich Glinka. The world path of the Russian classical school of music begins with this opera. The composer’s innovation manifested itself in the synthesis of classical forms with folk Russian folklore.
- Ballet “Swan Lake” by Pyotr Ilich Tchaikovsky. The music of the ballet became famous even during the life of the composer, each number is filled with bright melodies.
- “Moonlight Sonata” by Beethoven. Very few people know, that the name of this work was not invented by Beethoven himself, and it hardly reflects the intention of the composer.
- “The Seasons” by Antonio Vivaldi. There is nothing more eternal than the music of Antonio Vivaldi.
- Symphony No. 5 of Gustav Mahler. Expressive melody, unusual harmony – the symphony is the standard of creativity of composers of XX century.
If you list all the brilliant works, without going into details, the book will be bigger than the Soviet encyclopedia. Among such diversity, it is impossible to choose the best model.